Sunday 4 November 2012

Lovely friends

No one is better at cheering you up than your bestest girl friends. Annie, Amy, George and Maisy all have come home for the weekend and we spent yesterday afternoon chilling out in the living room. Drinking cups of tea (Lucozade for me, not very nice but I wanted the sugar to try and counteract the effects of the pain killers that make me so sleepy!), playing with Brian, taking it in turns to keep the fire alight by adding logs and having a good catch up. It was such a good distraction from everything that at times, whilst teasing Georgina (!), life felt very normal. 
I also saw 2 out of my 3 uncles which was nice (I figured I should mention seeing them as they would appreciate a name drop on the blog! So hello Uncle Bob and Andrew!)
Another day of seeing people and starting to reply to all the lovely messages I've been getting - thanks everyone! 
On a completely differently note, just read this fact; "Only 22 of the almost 200 countries in the world have never been invaded by the British at some point." Crazy.
Ella xx

8 comments:

  1. Appreciating the alpabetical order ;) Maisy x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh that was totally subconscious! Only realised becuase you pointed it out!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the mention Ella! An interesting fact; of course some would claim the invasions have been for benevolent reasons (e.g. Italy 1943, France 1944, Egypt 1956, Serbia 1998, Iraq 2003) others would disagree! love U Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ella - love the fact - any chance you know the 22 names - if you do let me know as would be good to set U Bob a pub challenge - as he often does to me !!

    By the way Andy was texting me yesterday thinking they were at the church Jan and I got married - only one problem - they were in the wrong town - Clevedon not Portishead - obviously a memorable day then !!

    If you and friends are planning anything in London you know you are more than welcome to grab a few beds here if needed.

    All my love to you - Bill ( and of course from Jan, Chris and David)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad the teasing, though at my expense, helped the day feel normal again! Ooh and interesting fact! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. And from the other Uncle who of course would have popped pass, was he in town, but thinking of you in between the curries...... Night night.....sweet dreams! Uncle Jim

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel very privileged to get a mention on the blog - I have arrived !! Great to catch up last nite and debate Butlins, Wii Fits, Lord Mayor position amongst other matters , c u later this week (no mention of hearts !!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi sweetie - pleased to hear you have had a relaxing weekend hanging out with your wonderful friends and 2 uncles. Ian and I just arrived in Ashby Magna, it's midnight here but only 7pm for us so we are wide awake and catching up with emails & reading Redman blogs.

    We will give you a call asap. Love you - GAJ & E xxxxx

    ReplyDelete