Saturday 3 November 2012

No hugs and unexpected tattoos

Yesterday we ventured back into the Oncology hospital for scans so that the doctors can plan the next part of my treatment, Radiotherapy. The hope is that it will reduce the size of the tumours therefor slowing their growth and causing less pain.
Over the last few days the pain I am in has been getting worse and worse which is not only debilitating but also very scary. As it transpires (after painfully getting on the scanning bed) and the scans being done the cause of my pain became clear, the tumour growing under my collar bone has caused my breast bone to break! Ouch! Somewhat reassuring to hear that the majority of the pain is being caused by a broken bone and not another tumour growing already. So, basically no hugs please - I am very fragile at the moment!
When they had done the scans they then used ink and a needle i.e. tattooed me!  So they know where to point the radiation beams when I go in for treatment on Wednesday.  I am already planning tattoos with a range of friends and Sophie - but these two tiny ones were unexpected!
Looking forward to seeing a range of lovely people over this weekend - but remember no hugs!
Ella xx



8 comments:

  1. Tattoos are a way of life in the Tarzey family(well limited to 2 members as far as I know!) so about time the Redmans joined the gang........ Looking forward to seeing it(assuming you want us to see it!)....... Uncle Jim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is 3 - don't forget Tina who has 2 !!!

      Delete
  2. Dear Ella Bella,
    Good to hear that you share the Redman writing gene - your mum seems to have found it very cathartic - hope it is as helpful for you. I love tattoos and am a big fan of Kat Von D - sure she could come up with something thats hospital friendly and a little more creative that the 'x marks the spot' type!

    Glad to hear that the source of the major discomfort has been located - I hope this means that they can treat the break so that you are in less pain. Bearing your fragility in mind and the current distance between us we are sending you a big virtual bear hug with lots of love from us all xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice words Ella. Actually, there more Tarzeys without tattoos than with them, I would like to point out! Love U bob

    ReplyDelete
  4. lad they located the source of the pain - lets hope they get that sorted immediately!! I think a virtual hug is ok though right?

    Count me in for the Tattoo session. I'll get the flight booked! I need you to design me one though, or it'll end up being something dreadful!!
    What about a stickman with a lawnmower by my bikini line? mmmm. maybe not.


    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm was going to keep these 'plans' secret from mum as long as possible but also wanted to show her your blog! so thanks! hahaha. Great seeing you today, and hopefully will do again tomorrow! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would be great to welcome you to the tattoo gang (3 Tarzey's are already in it) , you never know I may get another and join your gang ! We may even get Olde Uncle Bob to join !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey gorgeous girl - glad the docs think they can get the pain under control pronto - hope to see you very soon virtual hugs and all my love speeding to you at allington rd xxxxx Suzy

    ReplyDelete