Friday 9 November 2012

Thank you thank you thank you

Today marks this blogs one week anniversary(!) and I just wanted to say a massive thank you for all the interest that everyone has shown it and all the lovely feedback and support I have been given. In the space of 7 days I've had over 5,600 page views which is crazy! Following on from my promise yesterday I have put together a collection of photos illustrating my day - please excuse my collage, my photoshop skills really aren't up to scratch! 


From top, Clockwise; 1. Mum and Brian working this morning - whenever mum tries to work at the counter Brian indulges in her favourite game of hiding behind the laptop and trying to help out. 2. My yummy lunch - cheese and green pesto sandwiched in a wrap, dry fried. 3. What I can't stop drinking at the moment - I'm so dehydrated and can't get enough of fresh ginger and lime grated/squeezed into boiled water. 4. The Oncology hospital - where I have had the "pleasure" of being treated, today radiotherapy, not to bad today all ran to plan so it was under an hours round trip. 5.  Our log fire - so cosy and warm. 6. Dinner from Teohs - Won Ton noodle soup, to tired to go out so we got a take away! 

There, so my day in 6 pictures - 3 of them being food and drink related! Have a fun Friday night whatever you are doing. 

Ella xx 



11 comments:

  1. Glad today seems to have gone as smoothly as you have portrayed in pictures. People who do not know you have drawn huge inspiration from your blog over the last week - never under estimate how powerful it is becoming. It may be a therapy for you, but it also helping others at the same time - Go Ella !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh jesus all that food looks good, plus nice shot of brian and ur ma! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like your mum's blog, yours is bookmarked on our computer and we check in daily. Its a great way of keeping up to date without being intrusive and of being able to send you little virtual hugs. You write honestly and from the heart and it is extremely worthy of a much wider audience.
    Hope your weekend is less frenetic that the past few day.
    xxx
    We also suspect that Brian may have her own blog as well soon which may explain her interest in your mums laptop !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A PURRfect idea Mandy; we really need to know a bit more about how Brian is FELINE. What is it like to be a girl with boy's name? It cannot be that much of a CATastrophe - time for Brian to take a PAWS, WHISKER up a response - blog and tell all.

      Delete
    2. I CATagorically agree...think we should PURRsue this idea...and quite PAWSibily, depending on Brians MEWd, there might even be some HISS and tell!

      Delete
  4. Hey lovely girl sorry to hear you have had a tough first few days of treatment - sounds like they got things a bit more up to scratch by yesterday though - hope you get some rest and recuperation this weekend - and as for the staring that must be tough babe, not what you need on top of everything else - so sorry its so hard honey but you know what? whatever you say about it... you are brave and you are showing it day after day by coping with it all Can't wait to see you next weekend all my love suzy xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really hope this works as I'm a bit of a techiphobe but have been spurred on by Aza. Its Rita in case this come through as anonymous. I'm glad you have started radiotherapy even though it must be tough for all the reasons you so eloquently write about. It will shrink the 'beast' or whatever else you call it, hopefully something a lot more ruder than that! Have a comfortable w/e with your wonderful family, friends and Brian and wishing you many more than your Mums 3 BTs every day, Much Love Rita xxx
    ps I know its been said but you are a good writer must run in the family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the photos! Especially Teohs take away! Might have to try the ginger and lime water myself - sounds nice :) lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great to speak tonight Ells....... The Teoh food looks so similar to Nepalese food, which I have been eating for the last week but not getting fed up of at all....... Curry the best food in the worldly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry, had not finished blogging and the Wi-Fi is poor........ I love posts so keep them coming as it cheers up my day so much it's unbelievable...... Thanks for taking time out to speak to a "long lost" in the short term only, Unlcle tonight.......love Uncle Jim x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ella

    Have been posting on Jo's blog from time to time for a while now and so it's great to connect with you directly and thanks for inviting us all to do so.

    As Mick Jagger once said "please allow me to do introduce myself"...how's that for showing my age!! Anyway it's Anna vW here...friend of your mum and ski-bum friend of U Bob.

    Lots of support out here...if you have any special requests I'm sure that between us your followers can assist...not much good at tattoos but prepared to give it a try!

    Hope you have had a good day

    Cheers
    Anna

    ReplyDelete